Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week #6 - Hasta Luego CCM!

Provo MTC
Companions:  Elder Busby and Elder Perry
Zone Leader
                                                                                                Saturday, February 27, 2016

Buenos Dias!

We are going to Wichita!!
Well the last week in the MTC was quite a week. To be honest I can't remember what happened because the days all seemed like one. I feel bad saying that but it's true! It was an amazing last week though, very productive and got a lot of work done. 


My district in the MTC
 " I love my district so much. We are not loooking forward to saying goodbye, we all wish we could be going to the same mission. The bonds we have formed have been great, but know that we are all going to help different people in different places. I am so excited to see the success that these missionaries have. They have strengthened my testimony and helped me as a missionary. I love them love them love them.

We had the General Primary President, Sister Wixom, come and visit us for our Tuesday Devotional. In the choir we sand the song "A Child's Prayer". This is one of my all time favorite songs from Primary, they had little primary kids sing in the choir with us, it was adorable. It really made me miss my little sister Rachel, even though she's not in Primary anymore, that's the Rachel I will always remember. It was so awesome having Sister Wixom come because it rekindled my testimony that I had when I was a little child in Primary. It caused me to reflect on my primary days and realize what amazing teachers and leaders I had in Primary. For those of you who don't know what Primary is, it is the Sunday school that kids age 4-11 go to. It also reminded me of how we need to be like little children. Sometimes we let logic get in the way of our faith in Jesus Christ, they just believe. I think sometimes we need to be that way and just trust in Heavenly Father that what He is doing is what is best for us.
Hermano Humble.  He was the best!!!!


I have a challenge for each family. Each Sunday night before you have your family prayer, have Sunday Share time. It's just where you share what it is that you learned from the day. It will allow you and your kids to focus on keeping the Sabbath Holy and also strengthen each others testimonies. 


Ready for In Field Orientation


We had in-field Orientation!! It honestly wasn't as bad as people said it would be. It made me soooo excited to leave for the field. The one thing that pumped me up was when they talked about our Purpose. We are here to Teach Repentance and Baptize converts. We learned about the importance of members in missionary work. Members, missionaries unfortunately can't talk to every single person that they want to talk with, it's just not possible. In most cases there are only two missionaries in one ward, or two wards. YOU know the people that are ready to hear the gospel. The missionaries need YOUR help to hasten the work. When the members start helping with missionary work, that is when the work begins to explode. Trust your missionaries in your ward, give them referrals. Don't be afraid to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You should be wanting to share it with everyone you know because you know how they can return to live with our Heavenly Father. 



I am excited to be leaving the MTC, it has been a wonderful experience learning how to be a missionary, how to speak the Spanish language, but most importantly realizing that I am a Representative of Jesus Christ. I am so excited to leave for the field and help the people of Kansas with whatever it is that they need help with. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to serve the Lord and the people of Kansas for TWO years. I get to devote all of my time to serving him, every waking minute for two years. Jesus Christ lives, he is our Savior. Because of Him we can live with our families for eternity, we can be rescued from our sins, we can live in the presence of God. I love my big brother, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sorry this e-mail is a little bit scatter brained, it's been a busy day. I love each and every one of you. God bless. Les Quiero!

Con Amor,

Elder Pilkington
Elder Allen!  Stud!

BYU squad!
WOOOHHHH!!! The whole BYU squad!!
Somehow someone got into the districts room...
felt pretty bad.




So our showers were not cleaned for 3 weeks!!
It felt like Christmas morning when we found them sparkling clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment