Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week #4 - Every Day is Game Day as a Missionary!

Companions:  Elder Busby and Elder Sperry
Provo MTC
Zone Leaders
                                                                                                            Saturday, February 13, 2016

Hola familia y amigos!
Elder Bennett gone to Argentina
Okay let me start you off with a funny little occurrence that happened to one of the Elders in my district. He was bearing his testimony about families to one of his investigators and was telling a story about his grandmother(in Spanish) and he couldn't remember how to say great grandmother and so he said, "tengo una abuela grande" which translates to I have a HUGE grandmother! His investigator lost it, tears were falling because of how hard their investigator was laughing. We all feel really bad but couldn't stop laughing when he told us as well. I am jsut waiting for me to say something silly in a lesson... it will happen eventually.
The MTC B-Ball crew
I also have been balling out during exercise time. I will run M.W.F. and then I lift Tuesday and Thursday. MWF I run and then go and play knockout/revenge. I have finally got my shot back, it's been fun being able to get my competitive side out a bit haha. 
Mt. Timp!!!
There is BYU!!! Heritage Halls...made me a little
homesick for BYU ahah
The cars stressed us out!  Haha!
We were able to go off campus to the health center at BYU!! Elder Busby needed to pick up a prescription It was sooo weird and I was so concerned I was going to see Chelsea or Hunter or someone that I was really close to. Luckily we didn't. As we were walking we were all talking about how we felt so guilty going off campus. It really made us realize how strong the spirit is at the MTC. It was so cool to feel the polar opposite of the real world and the MTC. It made me a lot more thankful for the MTC.
The whole zone including the two districts that left.
All of them went to Argentina.
Sister Jenkins and I, wasssupppp
This week was a sad yet amazing one. We lost two districts from our zone. Last Sunday was testimony meeting, so of course I went up to bear my testimony. When I got up to the pulpit I felt so impressed to talk about what great examples the missionaries who were leaving were to me. I was overcome with love for each and every one of them. Looking out unto them, I seriously felt like I was looking at them through the Savior's eyes. I couldn't stop the tears from coming, I bore a simple testimony, yet I felt the spirit testifying to me so strongly of the validity of this church and the importance of the work that I am involved in as a Representative of Jesus Christ. At the end of the meeting the two districts got up and sang two of my top favorite songs... which didn't help with the tears( It doesn't help having an emotional mom and dad... ;) just kidding I don't think its bad to get emotional hahhaa). They sang the first verse "I’ll go where you want me to go" in Spanish and the first verse of Army of Helaman. The spirit was so strong when they were singing. I miss them so much, but I know that they are doing the Lord's work and that's what makes it so easy. They are out where they need to be, they are out touching the lives of those who need to be touched.
Me and Elder Jonesssss ahhaha
I had a very neat experience this week. Mom you sent me a Dear Elder and bore your testimony of the Plan of Salvation, thank you for your testimony. That Dear Elder was exactly what I needed because the very next day we were surprised by our Guatemalan friends, Jose and Haley. We took them into a room and asked if they had any questions from last lesson or from their reading that they wanted to ask us. They kind of sat there in silence until Jose spoke up and said that yesterday was the anniversary of the day that his mother had passed away. He then started telling us about things that he had done for his mother during her life. He then started talking about how yesterday he really felt like he was missing her. We didn't have enough time to teach them about the Plan of Salvation, so I felt prompted that we should all just bear testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I testified to him that I know that he will be able to see and live with his mother again. My mother back home has cancer, and things are always uncertain with cancer, but I know that no matter what happens I will be able to see her again even if it isn't in this life but the life to follow. I know that this is possible because our Lord and Savior, our big brother Jesus Christ suffered, was killed, and was resurrected so that we could return to live with our families for all time and eternity. Elder Busby and Elder Sperry then bore POWERFUL testimonies of the Plan of Salvation. You could see a change in Jose and Haley. You could see their eyes just glowing with the light of Christ. Such a neat experience to have with them. The Lord is aware of our needs.
I can't believe that I have already hit my halfway mark in the MTC. Pretty soon we are going to be the District leaving. Our companionship has been given the opportunity to be the Zone Leaders of our Branch. It is always a humbling experience to be in leadership positions in the church. Being a Zone Leader doesn't put us above anyone else, we just have a few more responsibilities to make sure that the Zone is doing well. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve our Zone and provide love and care for them. 
Spanish is really coming along. Our branch set a goal to speak no english all Friday and we did it. Such a blessing from the Lord. We had some amazing lessons on how to teach people. People say that the spirit is the teacher, that is 100% true, but you have to allow the spirit to teach. You also need to find the needs of the investigator and the only way to do this is to ask inspired questions and allow there to be silence. Silence is when the spirit tells you what to say but more importantly testifies to the investigator of the truthfulness of the things being taught. I love love LOVE the missionary work. It isn't easy at all, but that's what makes me love it so much. I love that I get to wake up each day and have a hard day, it makes me stronger as a person and a missionary. I try each day to be a REAL missionary. I would invite each of you to get down on your knees and offer up a prayer to the Lord and just thank him for everything that you have. The Lord wants to hear from you, He wants to know how you are doing. Prayer is a way we can speak with Him. I love you all and pray for you each and every day. Have a wonderful week!!
Haircut!
Con Amor,
Elder Pilkington

P.S. thank you so much to my sister Meghan for the Valentines day package!! It was SWEET!!!!! Thank you to all those who send Dear Elders and E-mails. I am sorry if I don't get back to you right away, we only have an hour to email and its tough but I promise, you will receive an email back from me. LOVE YOU ALL!!!
LOVED my valentine package Meghan!!

P.S.S. The crew photo -  I beat them all in 3 games straight. One girl is going to BYU to play bball after her mish, she was pretty upset haha.
Elder DeSpain (my district) Elder Keyser (new district)

Perfect toothpaste...send this photo to Colgate!  Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment